7-Inches For Planned Parenthood Announce Digital & Physical Release Dare + Share Sleater-Kinney Single
October 17, 2018 (New York, NY) — Earlier this year, members of the creative community announced 7-inches for Planned Parenthood, a curated series of 7-inch vinyl records and digital downloads to benefit Planned Parenthood. Today, we are excited to announce that the digital version will be made available on October 20th, while the full physical boxset will be available November 17th. More information can be found at https://7inchesforplannedparenthood.com.
In anticipation of the release, we’re sharing Sleater-Kinney’s previously unreleased song from a previous album session that they’ve contributed to the project, “Here We Come”. Listen to the song HERE.
The box set includes new or never released tracks from Foo Fighters, Sharon Van Ettenand Sleater-Kinney as well as exclusive performances from comedians Jenny Slate, Zach Galifianakis and Tig Notaro, spoken word by Dr. Willie Parker and Margaret Atwood, collaborations from St. Vincent and John Legend, and so much more.
Previously released tracks include:
“Lovin’ You” | Cover by John Legend, St. Vincent & Zach Galifianakis
CHVRCHES | “Down Side Of Me (Live)” | 7-Inches For Planned Parenthood (Video directed by Kristen Stewart)
The creative collective behind 7-inches for Planned Parenthood states:
Lawmakers with extreme views are working hard to shut down Planned Parenthood. If they succeed, millions of Americans will lose access to basic health services, including STD testing and treatment, birth control, and life-saving cancer screenings.
7-inches for Planned Parenthood is a response to this threat. This curated series of 7-inch vinyl records is being made by a group of people who believe that access to health care is a public good that should be fiercely protected. Do we know there’s a joke in the name? We do. We hope the title evokes the rich history of 7-inch vinyl records as a medium for protest music and resistance.
Planned Parenthood will receive 100% of the proceeds from the sale of this 7-inch box set and streaming listens. We see this initiative as the start of something bigger, and hope it will inspire both contributors and listeners to continue to seek out ways to stand with Planned Parenthood and other institutions that are so vital to us all.
- Cecile Richards – Intro
- CHVRCHES – Down Side of Me (Live)
- Estelle – Woman’s World
- dream hampton – Casey
- Björk – Come to Me (Live)
- Margaret Atwood – Blackberries
- Nico Muhly – Uneven Cycles
- John Legend & St. Vincent – Lovin’ You (Live at Largo)
- Tig Notaro – My Ideal Exchange with a Stranger (Live at Largo)
- Mitski – I’m A Fool To Want You
- Heather McGhee – We the People
- Elliott Smith – Pretty (Ugly Before) [Live at Largo]
- Margaret Atwood – Oh Children
- Matt Berninger & Jon Brion – Learning (Live at Largo)
- Pete Holmes – Untitled (Live at Largo)
- Bon Iver – 45 (Live at the Philharmonie de Paris)
- Willie Parker – Life’s Work
- Sharon Van Etten – Passion and Love
- Feist – Born to Bond
- Laurie Anderson – Birth of Lola
- Helado Negro – Beber
- Zach Galifianakis – Untitled (Live at Largo)
- Margaret Cho – Asians In Hollywood (Live at Largo)
- Sleater-Kinney – Here We Come
- Aparna Nancherla – History Has Its Sighs On You (Live at Largo)
- Mary Lattimore & Meg Baird – Fair Annie
- Sarah Silverman – Untitled (Live at Largo)
- Janeane Garofalo – Untitled (Live at Largo)
- Jenny Slate – Untitled (Live at Largo)
- Bryce Dessner – For Marsha P. Johnson
- Common – Love Star (feat. Marsha Ambrosius and PJ)
- Mary J. Blige – Strength of a Woman
Hisham Akira Bharoocha
“Here We Come” Single Artwork designed by Shepard Fairey:
More About 7-inches for Planned Parenthood
The 7-inch Collective is a group of music industry professionals working in collaboration with Planned Parenthood Federation of America to bring forth 7-inches for Planned Parenthood. All artists have donated their work to this project, and an advisory committee of individuals and organizations have contributed their time and effort to bring 7-inches for Planned Parenthood to life.
More About Planned Parenthood
Planned Parenthood is the nation’s leading provider and advocate of high-quality, affordable health care for women, men, and young people, as well as the nation’s largest provider of sex education. With approximately 650 health centers across the country, Planned Parenthood organizations serve all patients with care and compassion, with respect and without judgment. Through health centers, programs in schools and communities, and online resources, Planned Parenthood is a trusted source of reliable health information that allows people to make informed health decisions. We do all this because we care passionately about helping people lead healthier lives.